Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

     This year I am going to make a New Year's Resolution I can follow. I did pretty good last year. I learned how to fair isle knit, and weave.
     This year I want to learn how to weave on a triangular loom, knit a pair of socks, spin yarn, and finish my sweater that needs to be fixed. I think this can be accomplished.
     This year, I have so many crafts that I like to do, I am going to dedicate Mondays to weaving only when I am at home. I walk by my loom in my room and I feel sad that I want to finish another project before I finish my purse strap. So, I will work on it on Mondays. This way I will  feel like something is getting done. I would also like to dedicate Fridays to my sewing projects. I will have time at work to get knitting done so that I can do this craft as well. I think that by separating these days I will not feel like I am leaving a craft out. We will see. I will let you know how it is working out for me. I am almost done with my Christmas knitting. I am fortunate that I haven't seen these friends yet. My new sock yarn from Ria is calling my name. Happy new Year everyone.

4 comments:

cici said...

I am also going to keep my resolutions to a minimum. I have thought about weaving. I just don't think I can afford another hobby.

katerina said...

What a great plan! Good luck with your resolutions!

Lupie said...

I wish you luck with your resolutions. I don't make them any more because it gives me stress.
Maybe that is a resolution.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your resolutions. Ive just made a promise to myself to get back to crocheting and crafting..