Saturday, January 24, 2009

My First in Progress Sock

O.K. so this sock had to be ripped out. I CO too tightly and it wouldn't go over my ankle. I am using one size larger needle and CO loosely. It goes over my ankle now. Yea check it out in the next photo.

I am having fun learning how to knit a pair of socks on my own. I can't wait till I am finished. So far I have put one week into this sock. I better get busy.

Also this week we got frost. I am sure everyone North of Georgia is thinking big deal, but we were worried about our Orange trees, and plants that are not cold tolerant. Here is a photo of the frost.
You can't see it very well, but it was there I promise. I will take pictures of the damage. Yikes there is brown on most of my plants. It will grow back. I will only have to do a little trimming.
Well today it seemed to be back to normal the high was around 74. I feel bad for those up North freezing their butts off. Stay warm everyone!!

8 comments:

April Dawn said...

What pattern are you using for your sock? I did my first sock using Silver's Sock class. It was so easy to follow! Looking good!

cici said...

your doing great so far.. You will be hooked in no time!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your first sock! I have yet to knit a sock myself, but I've already bought some yarn in anticipation of the event. ;)

Unknown said...

Your sock looks great so far!

It's freezing up here, a week or so ago it was -21 degrees!I hope the frost didn't damage anything for you!

One week to go for the goal contest!

xoxo
Emma

Unknown said...

Hurray on trying your first sock..I tried using Silver's sock class website...I got about half way thru and saw tons of mistakes and ripped it out. I need to give it another try.....

Lupie said...

The socks look like they are going great. It is easy and the yarn harlot has a great basic sock pattern that makes it a no brainer. Good luck!

Rocky Moreno said...

Keep going, once you finish a pair you'll love it!

Ria said...

I can't wait to see the finished socks! I just cast on breezy from knitty.com. I wear a lot of crocs so the cable on the back of the heel will be great. I love knitting socks!!